Sunday, January 15, 2017

Wonderful Week

This was awesome!  Mom got home from a wonderful week being able to see Skjelse and Jeff and that was so nice. I am glad we have both of you!
I had a fun time with Ty and Alysia as we worked the week without mom. We don't do near as good a job but we made it. Alysia was a gem to cook so much, and she did wonderfully. We sort of kept up on laundry and dishes. Ty helped shop when we needed a few things. We certainly did our best by happy to have the master back. There is so much that happens in a home and I am eternally grateful that mom is such a good one at organizing a home where peace prevails.  I also got to talk to Kieren a couple times since mom was not home I answered the calls. Short calls as she walked home but nice to hear about things in life. 
This weekend was one of the two best of the year. I love conference and all that comes from it. I appreciated many of the talks in many different ways. Some for me personally, some for our family, and some for my calling. It always helps me look forward with a brighter outlook for the future. I appreciated Pres. Uchtdorf's talk at the women's meeting on fourth floor, last door.  And the way we need to keep moving forward regardless of the challenges along the way. Whether a challenge in our life, a question we have, or other things, we need to persevere and the blessing will come. I also liked Elder Stevenson and the challenge to replace some of the screen time in our lives with a study of the Book of Mormon. There were many others with messages that helped me consider what I need to do differently to be a better person. 
It was a crazy week at work also. It is the time of year that we do annual performance reviews. So I had to do mine, as well as add the supervisor comments to 7 others and to deliver the review to those 7 and so it took a huge chunk of the week. Plus the rest of the work does not stop. But all in all it's going well. I see more and more how what I learn in the gospel makes me better at work. To be wiser, more supportive, more of a critical thinker, and more of a leader and follower at the same time. I am grateful to have the gospel that helps in all aspects of my life. 
I have seen this week how we can use the atonement to heal so many things. From small to great it can help move us beyond the dismay or the discouragement to see a brighter future. 
Love you all forever, nothing can change that. 
Dad
3 John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment