Sunday, January 15, 2017

Reflection Quiz

I was in bishopric meeting today and as we sang this song it caused me to reflect deeply. I have been very familiar with preach my gospel and the chapter on Christlike attributes. Especially the quiz section as a tool to reflect on how we are in our own lives. Then I thought of the words and how this is another self reflecting quiz that can enable us to reflect and grade ourselves on how we are doing, and where we  could improve. Think of the words in that way. How would you grade yourself?

1. More holiness give me,
More strivings within,
More patience in suff’ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.

2. More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory,
More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows,
More pain at his grief,
More meekness in trial,
More praise for relief.

3. More purity give me,
More strength to o’ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy--
More, Savior, like thee.

Is has been quite the week. Busy as ever at work, and challenging as I shift roles to do very different things and spend more time on leading and challenging and supporting than doing projects as of myself. I have done that in a way before, but it has been some time. 
I got the trim work finished as Kingreys to complete the parts that he could not do, or was not comfortable doing. That was part of Saturday and then we shopped for food storage and hauled that around during a better part of the rest of the day. And my body feels all of it. Getting old has its pros and cons. 
We had BYD tonight and we have so many questions they ask that we are getting behind in having time to answer them. Really good questions and really good discussions from all the youth. It's great to have so many that work so hard to discover for themselves. 
I had a remarkable experience during the sacrament today. The power of the atonement is so real, and the power in our lives to exercise faith for ourselves and others became so real. Sometimes our own pleading can be exquisite as we exercise faith and draw upon the blessings of heaven. They become real in our lives as we step forward with an eye of faith. 
This weekend is the barn campout for the YM. I am suffering parental withdrawals as these things happen and I have no son to go with me. It's a challenging time for me. It's really an adjustment that I am not prepared for. It has been so long. 
Thank you for all you do. The choices you make, the good you do for others, the joy you bring to me. 
Love you forever,
Dad
3 John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment