Sunday, January 22, 2017

A thought this week

As I was working on my talk, and as I was going through this week, I was listening to conference from October. One talk caused me to ponder quite a while.  It referenced the Latin root castus which means to purify, and also is tied to the word we know as chaste. To chasten then is to purify. 
When I pondered on this I eventually rested on the scripture in Hebrews 12:6. Whom I the Lord love, I Chasten. When we think of the Latin root we come to:
Whom I the Lord love, I purify. 
Quite the change in any train of thought I have previously had in my life. 
It is remarkable how we can continue to learn and understand throughout our lives. I hope you never stop learning.
I spent my whole talk discussing our personal journey of conversion. It is remarkably similar to the doctrine of Christ. Faith, repentance, baptism, and the gift of the Holy Ghost followed by enduring to the end. We keep following that path and it continues our personal journey of conversion. 
Love you forever,
Dad
3 John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment